Find the Mac Address in Windows XP
There are 2 ways to find the Mac address in a Windows XP computer. The easiest way is to use the command shell and another option is available through the control panel.
Command Line Mac Address
- Open the command shell (click on Start, select Run, type cmd and press OK).
- When the command shell opens, type
You can find the Mac address by finding your network adapter (typically its Local Area Connection) where it will be displayed as the Physical Address (see image below).
Find Mac Address in the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Network Connections.
- Right click on network adapter used, which is probably Local Area Connections.
- Select Status, which will open a dialog box.
- Select the Support tab.
- Press the Details button.
The Network Connection Details dialog box will open and the Mac address is shown as the Physical Address (see image below).